The Yuletide is upon us! The crypto market has been intense this year. However, let’s not overlook the things that are of great importance to us in life. Nonetheless, we encourage you all to take this holiday season to relax and get into the Christmas spirit.
This year, CoinGecko would like to flow with the Christmas spirit by giving away something special. We are bringing to you our limited edition CoinGecko Christmas themed ERC-721 Non-Fungible Tokens!
As part of our experimenting with Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT), we are working to see what we can #BUIDL in this aspect and our research produced these cute limited-edition Non-Fungible Geckos in Christmas outfit!
Why are we releasing NFT?
One of the numerous blockchain developments we have paid close marking to in 2018 is the growth of Non-Fungible Tokens. In partnership with Non-Fungible.com, we created a special segment on NFT in our 2018 Q3 Crypto Report.
Wondering what ‘NFT’ is and the meaning of the term ‘fungibility’?
Let us explain in simple words.
- Fungibility in tokens refers to the property in which one token is identically replaceable with the other.
- Non-Fungible Tokens, on the other hand, represents a token class that is individually unique in nature and can be distinguished from each other.
Image above is a screenshot of our Q3 Crypto Report on Slide 40 which explains NFT.
CoinGecko Christmas NFT
Having found NFT very interesting, we opted to mint some NFTs and share with our friends who are aware of Non-Fungible Tokens too. Therefore, we designed our Gecko in 5 different Christmas poses this year. We are happy to present to you, our esteemed customers the Non-Fungible Geckos!
Ho! Ho! Ho! Were you naughty or nice this year? I know you wished for Ethereum price to hit $1,000 again and wished that I can give that to you. Unfortunately, I can’t do that and have prepared two small gifts for you instead. Merry Christmas!
Little Timmy Gecko
Winter is here and I love my Christmas tree jumper! My beanie and mittens were hand-woven by mommy. She told me: ‘we need to be grateful in life and be happy always’. I don’t have much to share but a candy cane I can give. Do you want it?
I love making snowmen during the winter season. The biggest snowman I made was 2 meters tall! I made a mini one which I am proud to put my dad’s fedora on it. Hope you like the snowman!
One of our family traditions is to dress up and decorate our family Christmas tree together. Every year we draw lots to place a star on the Christmas tree. This year in 2018, I was the chosen one and I get to take a photo with the Christmas tree in my tuxedo and red bowtie.
Who doesn’t like to ice skate! Every year I wait for the pond to freeze over so I can ice-skate with my friends. It makes my heart run wild and I feel so free. I like how the world is my oyster and it presents so many opportunities for me!
Visit our 2018 Christmas NFT Microsite here and see our NFTs! https://xmas2018.coingecko.com/
How to Collect CoinGeckoChristmas NFT
- We have minted 20 sets of the Non-Fungible Geckos; each has its own unique serial number from 1 to 20.
- Each set of Non-Fungible Geckos contains the 5 unique Gecko designs illustrated above. There is a total of 20 x 5 = 100 Non-Fungible Geckos.
- As it is the first time we are deploying an NFT smart contract, we are giving away 16 sets of the Non-Fungible Geckos making a total of 80 Christmas Gecko NFT. We are anxious we might make some mistakes; therefore we are keeping 20 NFTs for reserve in the event that something goes wrong when sending out the NFT.
- To stand a chance to win one of these 100 CoinGecko Christmas NFT, please answer the questions provided and complete the given tasks with this link:
- Entry closes on 23rd December 2018 at 23:59 GMT +8:00.
- Winners will be selected based on the most creative answers supplied. Winners will get only 1 of the 5 Non-Fungible Gecko designs and we will endeavor to give his/her preferred design.
Entry closes 23 December 2018 at 23:59 GMT +8. Winners will be determined based on the most creative answers given. Winners will only get 1 of the 5 Non-Fungible Gecko designs and we will strive to give the preferred design.
We plan to transfer the 80 Non-Fungible Geckos on Christmas Eve, 24 December 2018.
Terms and Conditions
An individual can only be drawn once and not more than. By providing your email address, you agree to be subscribed to CoinGecko’s daily newsletters. We will send the Non-Fungible Gecko to the ETH address provided during registration. Kindly ensure that your Ethereum wallet supports ERC-721.
CoinGecko is not responsible and would not bear the consequences if your provided wallet address does not support ERC-721.
4 thoughts on “Celebrate this Christmas with CoinGecko’s Limited Edition NFT!”
How to get ETH support wallet
Use an address where you know the **private key**. Then when you receive the ERC-721 token, you have full access to use it and transfer it.
If you don’t have one you can use My Ether Wallet to create such a wallet. (For the love of god, don’t access a phishing copy of the My Ether Wallet website.)
This is the most reliable answer because some “wallets” do not allow you to access your tokens. And nobody sent me their hard wallets to review, so I don’t know if any of them work.
Those who are looking for a beautiful Asian bride should be aware that they may not have a westernized idea of what a perfect wife is. asian brides for marriage are often born with deep, strong personalities and are proud of their cultures. Their emotional stability is also widely respected and they inspire others to maintain their calm in stressful situations. Often, Asian brides are brought up in a home environment where they are taught to control their emotions.
It’s almost Christmas again. I like to spend Christmas with my lover, it must be fun ^^. Be with your lover and play his favorite 1v1 Battle game. It will probably be a wonderful and meaningful Christmas night in school time